Crime Stoppers Safety for Girls 101
Open to girls, grades 7 – 12
Four safety sessions led by law enforcement and youth safety professionals will focus on the following subjects:
• Being Streetwise (Safe at Home, in Your Neighborhood, School, & Community)
• Crime & Violence Prevention (Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Dating Violence)
• Choices That Shape Your Future (Prescription Drug Abuse and Misuse, Illicit Drugs, and Alcohol Prevention)
• Teen Driver Safety (Distracted Driving, Seatbelt Safety, and Driving Under the Influence)
• Leadership Skills – Being a Peer Advocate!
Sessions will be split into two groups, grades 7 – 9 and grades 10 – 12 and topics will be age appropriate for each group. Groups will rotate through two morning and two afternoon sessions. Leadership Skills will be a joint session with fun activities at lunch time. Each session will last 45 minutes to an hour depending on level of group participation. In person registration will begin at 9 a.m.
When: Saturday, September 23, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. onsite registration, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. sessions
Where: Michael J. Kenney Center, 411 W. Coleman Ave., Hammond, LA 70403
Fee: Free! Pizza and drinks will be provided.
Capacity: Minimum 25 Girls/Maximum 100
Registration Instructions: Register online at www.tangicrimestoppers.com or by calling 985-634-0590. Final confirmations will be emailed after registration is closed.
Registration Opens: Now Deadline: September 1, 2017 at 5 p.m. or when capacity is reached.
Volunteer Coordinator: Jodie Rohner at email@example.com
Staff Support: Kevin Shipp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-733-8220, ext. 2243.
Notes: Girls should dress in comfortable clothes. Girl Scout shirts are encouraged.