City Park Girl Scout Camp Out!
Open to girls, grades 4 - 5
Junior Girl Scouts will Camp Out at City Park’s Couturie Forest! Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sleep in a tent in City Park? Curious about what critters come out at night in Couturie Forest? Craving s’mores but have nowhere to roast them?! If so, then join us for an exclusive night of Girl Scout camping, al fresco dining, evening hiking, campfire treats, stories, songs, and more! Get a solid start for completing your Outdoor Journey as girls will focus on earning their Animal Habitats, Camper and Eco Camper Badges (Badges not included). Requirements in bold will be met during Camp Out.
Event Code: CP9401
When: Friday, March 29 - Saturday, March 30, 2019
Time: Registration and site set-up begins at 3:30 p.m. Friday. Camp break down will be complete by 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Firearms or concealed weapons are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or firearms are not allowed.
- Smoking is discouraged at the camp and is not permitted in the presence of girls or on the trails.
- No pets are allowed, except Service Animals.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
- Tent (if your girl/troop does not have enough tents, one will be provided, please make arrangements prior to the event).
- Sleeping gear (blanket, sleeping bag, pillow, etc.)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Mess kit & reusable water bottle
- Camping or folding chair or sit-upon
- Hiking/camping/outdoor attire
- Footwear (no open-toed shoes, crocks or sandals)
- Tarp for under tent (the ground will most likely be wet!)
- Bug spray
- Books, playing cards, other quiet activities for tent time
Fee: $15 per person. Registration fee includes Friday dinner (hamburgers & hotdogs), s’mores, and a light breakfast Saturday morning, as well as all activities at the Camp Out.
Capacity: Minimum 10/Maximum 75 people. This event is limited to the first 75 registered campers (including adult chaperones).
Registration Instructions: You may register online for this activity on ebiz.
Registration Opens: Now Deadline: March 15, 2019 or when maximum capacity is reached.
Staff Support: Kevin Shipp at email@example.com or 504-733-8220, ext. 2243.
Special Notes: Male campers will need to provide their own separate tent and will have a separate designated sleeping location. This is a no alcohol event. Smoking is not allowed in campground area.
Requirements in bold will be met during Camp Out.
|Camper Badge||EcoCamper Badge||Animal Habitats|
|Step 1||This step can be met through prep work before trip||This step can be met through prep work before trip||(Requirement not met on this trip)|
|Step 2||Gain a new skill workshop||
This step can be met through prep before the trip - Make a trail mix to bring with you!
|You will be in the middle of an animal habitat, the rest is up to you!|
|Step 3||(Requirement not met on this trip)||Set up your campsite and/or the dishwashing station||(Requirement not met on this trip)|
Leave no Trace Activity or Hiking to top of Couturie Forest
|Leave No Trace Activity||
(Requirement not met on this trip)
Campfire Activities and/or Night Hike
|Conservation Hike in Couturie Forest||During the campout, we will actively participate in Leave No Trace and being environmentally friendly and conscious!|