There are hungry horses at Camp Marydale waiting for adoption!
The Equestrian Program at Camp Marydale is one of the greatest assets for girls here in southeast Louisiana. Girls who may never have seen a horse in person have the chance to ride and bond with one of our 22 horses, learn about general horse care, and experience the excitement of a busy stable. Our excellent staff and volunteers teach the girls the joys of riding, and that joy is carried with them throughout their lives. Many of our girls say that they never forget the name of the horse they rode or the feeling of riding for the first time!
In short, keeping horses is a costly business! But there is a wonderful new way for you to help. It costs $1,200 per year to feed and care for just one horse. To keep our horses happy and healthy, Girl Scouts Louisiana East is offering you a unique opportunity to Pony Up! and sponsor a horse for a year, which will begin once your money is received. Your sponsorship will provide the much-needed funding to care for these horses and help bring the Girl Scouting experience to more than 16,500 girls each year.
Giddy-up, let's get started!
How Pony Up! Campaign Works
Look through the gallery of our beautiful horses by clicking here. Simply click on the horse of your choice to read a short bio of your selected horse. As a Pony Up! sponsor, your name will be listed with your horse’s bio on Girl Scouts Louisiana East’s website for an entire year.
In order to help us with your selection, please make note of your top three favorite horses, in order of priority. If your first choice has already been selected by another sponsor, we will make every effort to meet your second choice. Horses will be assigned on a first come,first served basis.
You may make your selection and sponsorship one of four ways according to your needs:
2. Sponsorship via email, contact email@example.com
3. Sponsorship via phone, call Carrie Thomas at 504-355-5885/800-644-7571
4. Sponsorship via mail, please download the Pony Up! Contribution Form and mail to the following address:
Girl Scouts Louisiana East
ATTN: Carrie Thomas - Pony Up!
841 S. Clearview Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70121
Levels of Sponsorship
. Sponsor one horse for one year – $1,200
. Sponsor one horse for six months – $600
Pony Up! minimum sponsorship is $600. Individuals, troops, groups, or businesses sponsoring a horse will be recognized as their specific troop number or name.
- . Your name (as you would like it displayed) will appear next to the bio of the horse that you sponsored. This can also be a great way to honor someone who loves horses.
- . In addition, your troop # or name, individual or business, will be listed as a Pony Up! sponsor in the Girl Scouts Louisiana East Annual Report.
- . Sponsors will also be featured in our quarterly publication, GSLE Connections.
* In accordance with IRS Tax Law, this gift is tax-deductible.