Administrative Training Courses
Facilitating Adult Learning (formerly Train the Trainers)
What does a Girl Scout Louisiana East FACILITATOR do?
Girl Scouts Louisiana East facilitators/trainers provide vital instruction to all Girl Scout volunteers in classes such as Leadership Essentials, Troop Camping, Small Craft, Song, Ceremonies and a variety of other Enrichment classes.
What are the qualifications to become a Girl Scouts Louisiana East "Facilitator"?
1. Be a registered adult Girl Scout
2. Have an interest and comfort level in teaching adults
3. Be willing to interview on the phone or in person with the Director, Adult Development
4. Attend at least two (2) facilitator meetings per year
5. Facilitate at least three (3) courses each calendar year
6. Attend the “Facilitating Adult Learning” course
7. After completing the course, attend as a participant, the course(s) you would like to teach
8. Apprentice with an experienced facilitator.
9. Facilitate the course observed while being observed by experienced volunteer or staff facilitator(s).
Facilitate Adult Learning (formerly Train the Trainers)
This workshop provides facilitator applicants with an understanding of how adults learn and the opportunity to practice facilitation techniques, as well as the basics of delivering and evaluating learning opportunities for adults. Hands-on activities, lunch and instructional guide are provided. Participants will be asked to complete a “Facilitators” application, interview with the Adult Development Director and complete a pre-course needs assessment before attending their selected session.
|FAL101||7/23/11||Sat.||9 am - 1:30 pm||Council Headquarters, New Orleans||7/8|
|FAL102||8/13/11||Sat.||9 am - 1:30 pm||Regional Service Center (Baton Rouge)||7/29|
*We are pleased to share that the sessions listed above are being presented by Cathy Buss, National Operation Volunteer (NOV) and Volunteer Facilitator for GSUSA.
For any volunteer facilitators who are interested in delivering “Leadership Essentials” sessions, Ms. Buss will walk through a “Leadership Essentials” session immediately after completion of Facilitating Adult Learning (and a lunch break). This is an excellent opportunity to observe and acquire additional facilitating skills and obtain a greater comfort level in presenting Leadership Essentials 2 – 6 pm (Facilitator requirement #7.)
All current and future Facilitators for any course are being asked to participate!