Girl Scout Council Realignment News
Council Realignment Committee
DRaft presented 6/6/07
As members of the CRC for Louisiana East, we will:
- Focus on the GIRLS and not individuals while maintaining a commitment to the principles and values of Girl Scouting.
- Ensure that trust is developed among each other and in the process by:
- Engaging in open, honest discussion,
- Creating a climate where members have the courage to speak out and be heard,
- Checking each other's behavior and providing constructive feedback,
- Listening actively; and,
- Being respectful and honoring each other's cultures.
- Be prepared for every meeting by:
- Reviewing information and data beforehand,
- Starting meetings on time; and,
- Sticking to established timelines.
- Utilize the resources within the group to carry tasks and goals forward.
- Identify and incorporate best practices for the blueprint of the new council.
- Ensure that a unified, consistent line of communication with membership is maintained.
- Make every positive attempt to come to consensus and to speak with one voice.