To Get Her There Day 2013
To Get Her There Day - Thursday, April 25, 2013
Here's a great way to find out - at our first annual ToGetHerThere day.
Girl Scouts in grades 4-12 will have the opportunity to learn - hands on - about the career or careers that interest them. By partnering with career professionals, girls will spend the day learning about the selected careers and the steps it took to obtain that professional position. Interested? Just follow these five easy steps to a future of success!
- Girls, ask your parents permission to be out of school one day - Thursday, April 25, to "shadow" a woman (or man) in the career field of YOUR choice.
- Email Jill Pollard (email@example.com) by March 25, with the top 5 careers you are interested in. Include your school, service unit, and parents' contact information.
- Receive email confirmation of your interest, followed by a later email containing contact information for a personally selected career professional.
- Between April 1-15, conduct a phone conversation with your career professional or executive, discussing what your day will be like, where you will meet, what to wear, etc.
- Participate in ToGetHerThere day on Thursday, April 25. Spend the day with your career professional learning the ends and outs of their occupation and tips on how they got there!
During May we will conduct regional receptions to meet and greet all the career professionals and girls who participated in ToGetHerThere day. This is another GREAT opportunity to explore even more career fields.