- Families & Volunteers
Girls, kindergarten – 12th grade, can become Girl Scouts by accepting the Girl Scout Promise and Law and paying the $15 annual membership dues. However, no girl will be denied membership in Girl Scouts for financial reasons.
Girl Scouts Louisiana East encourages all girls to become Girl Scouts, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, socio-economic status or ability.
NOTE: You will be able to renew your 2016 membership in eBiz after midnight on April 1, 2015. Please do not attempt to renew the memberships until April 1, or you will encounter an error message.
We welcome adults–men and women, as volunteers and mentors in Girl Scouting. Because we know you’re busy, we offer flexible options to anyone interested in helping girls become tomorrow’s leaders. Whether it’s once a week, once a month, or once a year, we need your help.
Have you re-registered your Girl Scout membership yet? It’s done all online through our eBiz membership system. Has your troop disbanded? No worries, your daughter can register individually in any one of our pathway options. Girls can participate in events, camp, series, and for older girls the travel pathway. Click here for a description of each individual pathway option.
If you are joining Girl Scouts ONLY to be in a TROOP you may not be placed immediately. Unfortunately we do not always have enough screened adult volunteers to lead a troop in your area. We cannot guarantee troop placement. PLEASE NOTE – Once you have completed your online membership registration, we cannot issue a refund!
Troop leaders should renew all membership by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on September 29; on September 30, members will “fall off” the eBiz troop roster. They will need to turn in paper registrations or have the parent create a login for eBiz and register the girl.
Also, all graduating seniors who want to be Lifetime Members will need to turn in their adult registration forms no later than September 1.
The pre-existing processes that activated accounts for existing customers and created logins for new customers have merged into one process. In the new system, all customers without a login choose “New Online Account” on the home page to create a web account.
After selecting this option, the system prompts the customer to supply the following required information:
Date of Birth
Upon clicking “Continue” a variety of conditions are checked:
Dear current or past Girl Scout member,
We have found you in the system, but in order to continue please contact us.
If the customer is an adult with no duplicate records, he or she can continue to the next step of the process.
In this step, the customer is prompted to create a user name and password and supply an email address, home phone number and cell number.
After entering the required information, the customer clicks “Submit Online Profile” to complete the creation of their web account. At this point the system checks a variety of conditions to determine its course of action:
Dear current or past Girl Scout member, We have found you in the system, but in order to continue please contact us.
If the system finds you in the database you will see the following message—
Congratulations! We found you in the online system. Please go to your email and follow the instructions to activate your online account.
If your email address was entered correctly, your spam folder, junk folder or inbox in your email account should contain the email you need. If you don’t have the required email for your account, please contact the help desk for assistance in retrieving your password.
eBiz Important Facts for Troop Leaders
* Troop leaders should renew all membership by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on September 29; on September 30, members will “fall off” the troop roster.
* Leaders are marked “Pending” until approved by the council.
* An adult must be marked as the 01 Leader in order to view the troop in eBiz.
eBiz Important Facts for Parents
* When creating a login, check your email inbox, spam and junk folder for the necessary information to complete the login.
* Troop placement is not guaranteed, troops are formed when leadership roles are established for that troop.
* If you need immediate troop placement and you know the troop number contact the council.
* There are more ways for girls to participate in Girl Scouts! We call them Pathways, and they include troop, events, camp, series, and travel.
* Select the correct membership year (contact your council if you are not sure), the council cannot refund or transfer membership fees.
* Select the correct membership (girl or adult), the council cannot refund or transfer membership fees.
* Print your receipt.
* Print two copies of your welcome/confirmation letter—one for yourself and one for your troop leader.
If you are ready to re-register or become a new member, click on the ebiz logo to get started. This takes you to the Membership portal.
Help Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-575-4104, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F
Girl Scouts Louisiana East - 800-644-7571, 504-733-8220, 225-927-8946, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F